Monday, March 14, 2005

The question on all your minds, naturally, is why 'the big fuck?'

You think you damn big fuck is it?

Of course lah. If I wasn't a big fuck, why would my site be 'the big fuck'? Why would my blog's url be http://bigfuck.blogspot.com ? What, you stupid or something? Of course I'm a big fuck.

Of course, the other alternative is that bigfuck.blogspot.com was one of the few snazzy sounding addresses that wasn't already taken. Now, let's consider this for a while.

I began my search for a new domain (the old one, which should still exist, is http://afghanis.blogspot.com - there's a livejournal and xanga as well, since I'm such a net slut. All this, however, is beside the point) Anyway, I wanted to increase my blog's profile on the internet (due to the fact that, as already mentioned, I'm a total attention whore); I'm sort of a ranter, so I was looking for something slightly offensive, slightly offbeat, slightly humorous.

ALL SITES OF THIS KIND ARE TAKEN. SERIOUSLY, I'M NOT EVEN KIDDING.

Yes, I tried suckit.blogspot.com, suckitup, fuckyou, fuckme, fuckoff, fuckit, asswipe, shitface, shithead, penis, etc, etc, etc. I actually thought I had lucked out when it seemed that penis wasn't taken, but apparently it was. I also tried shutthefuckup (I was really hoping this one wasn't taken, it would have made for an awesome site name, doncha think?) ahbeng, tanahbeng, basically I tried almost every goddamn name I could think of.

What really pissed me off, however, was not the mere fact that these domain names were taken; that in itself wasn't all that bad. What REALLY pissed me off, was the fact that none of these people seemed to be deserving bloggers at all. If you have a domain name like shutthefuckup.blogspot.com, the very LEAST you could fucking do is be mildly entertaining, right? All these people seem to feel obliged to do, however, is to bore us with a post about Joan Rivers, which has been there since 2002. I'm not even kidding. Seriously, what the fuck? I'd make so much better use of a site titled shut the fuck up. My heart is bleeding. But then, I digress.

So anyway, I was stumped. I was muttering to myself, 'how could such a big fuck like me not get a domain name? Fuckin' A!'

Then it dawned on me.

'No harm trying,' I thought to myself, as I typed in the magic letters. B-I-G-F-U-C-K; the rest is history.

Welcome to bigfuck.blogspot.com. Fucks yeah.

3 Comments:

Blogger R2D2 spewed forth...

Then I'm lucky that I got my domain name at first try. potatochipseater.blogspot.com
Such a nice name too.

15/3/05 02:40  
Blogger J Schnorng spewed forth...

Potato Chips are fucking awesome. I ate some last night, because my roommate and I are still trying to see who can go the longest without doing groceries. I would have preferred, like, a steak, or fried rice, or maybe chicken or some shit like that, but yeah, the potato chips were pretty good, too.

Sweet.

15/3/05 11:14  
Blogger R2D2 spewed forth...

Not when you eat too much. Then the consistency resembles thin glass or something. Brrr.

16/3/05 01:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home