Saturday, July 23, 2005

Eh it's Saturday You Know

So, today I was chatting with Adrian, and we were comparing our geeky, geeky pasts - the number of message boards we've chatted on, the number of stupid-ass things we've done on the internet, the way we'd meet people of irc and whatnot, and I realized, man, this internet thing, it really sucks up your time. Blogging is kind of like hanging out on irc too long, except, for once, there are actually real people reading what I write, instead of saying, 'KNN SHUT UP PLS OR I WILL KICK AND BAN."

This, however, doesn't make it any better. There's a great sense of community on the internet, but that doesn't mean that it should take over the real world. I have to keep reminding myself of this, lest I end up like my first-year roommate, who was a mysterious french mack-daddy on the sims, but didn't do quite as well at frat parties.

I figure, therefore, that it's about time I got out and about on the town. Those of you who know me should give me a call. Don't spend your weekend in front of the internet - chatting on msn isn't really socializing, you know.

Peace.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous spewed forth...

Err... I think We met before...
saw friendster profile...

hmm

23/7/05 08:28  
Blogger Zhe Bin spewed forth...

i second what you say. people spending hours behind the screen become chwee tutt lan when they speak publicly. = )

23/7/05 15:22  
Blogger Gabrielle spewed forth...

what's chwee tutt lan???

24/7/05 04:25  
Blogger andrew spewed forth...

wah lao, BF, thanks for the reminder man! i need to get out more often...

24/7/05 06:41  
Anonymous Anonymous spewed forth...

Hey Joel how to contact you now that you lost your hp - Was supposed to meet last Sunday rite. Wanna meet up at Orchard tmr? Say 3.00pm or something like that. Call me or sms me hor.

24/7/05 15:24  
Blogger Jimmy Ang spewed forth...

yeah, real life is really far more important!

25/7/05 00:18  
Blogger R2D2 spewed forth...

Man, you are bursting my bubble.

26/7/05 01:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home