Monday, June 13, 2005

Police Come Already!

So, having graduated on saturday, I met my parents at the airport on sunday afternoon. As it stands, I have my parents, my pseudo-godparents, my brother, my sister and my godsister all sleeping in my bedroom and living room. Having bundled them off to the museum of science and industry for the afternoon, I finally have a good half an hour with my faithful computer to shoot off a blog entry before we head for the peaceful little town of Terre Haute, Indiana. Readers of my old blog will remember this as the land of corn and soy beans, and not much else. It's recommended for a laid back couple weeks of daily trips to Wal-Mart, and not much else. If you like Wal-Mart, I guess it's not a bad place.

After living alone for so long, though, it's hard to have your parents over. Seriously, it's like the police are here, you know?



Gone are the ciggies (though, to be fair, I kicked smoking a while ago), gone is the mountain of alcohol, gone are the late night sexy, sexy parties. I can't even sit around and play winning eleven all day. Hell, even blogging is hard. Wah, life with the police - it's hard. Somehow, though, given that they're family, I guess it's alright. My parents decided to come in to chicago a full day after my graduation. Given that I don't have a stinking camera (other than my wonderful webcam, which is totally useless and produces stunningly pixelated pieces of trash), I had to rely on my good buddy Andy to take a picture for me. For your voyeuristic pleasure, let me present my only goddamn graduation photo:



Naturally, though, my parents, being Asian, also insisted on taking a whole set of pictures - two days after my graduation. Today we did the normal parental tour of the campus thing, except I had to wear my graduation gown, and feel vaguely like an idiot. Ah well, I figure that's cool, too. Given that I spent a good 38 dollars on the damn gown, I might as well get a little bit more mileage out of it, right? After today, the silly thing is probably headed for a long, long, time spent in the back of a dusty, dusty wardrobe. At least it got worn more than once, I figure.

Anyway, thanks to all of you who've still been reading this blog, even though it's getting dreadfully boring, and I've been so negligent in maintaining it. Things have been hectic around here, but I'll be able to sit down and write shit eventually, I promise. It's great hearing from all 6 (or 5, or 4) of you who left comments, too. You guys are cool. I'll be back in Chicago on the 24th, but you know me - I'll try to check in when I can, yeah?

See y'all later.

Regards,
J.

Oh, by the way, give you all blog babe today: friends don't let friends date mullets (whatever the hell that might mean); I like this livejournal for some reason, and I don't usually like livejournals. Therefore, this site must be at least ok. That is all.

18 Comments:

Blogger Evelyn spewed forth...

Alamak your hair...

Need rebonding.

13/6/05 18:50  
Blogger MDFK spewed forth...

And we await the return of the Big Fuck !

The Federation need you badly

13/6/05 20:09  
Blogger Green Ogre spewed forth...

Heh, understanding what you mean to have parents around after living alone for a while. Hey, I'm trying to lay off the smokes as well. Not too successful with it though.

Hey you put up the really formal graduation photos. Would like to see those and then make fun of you. Or you can do that yourself. Grins.

Enjoy your break in the meantime.

13/6/05 22:44  
Blogger jllt spewed forth...

Congrats on your graduation! At least you get to attend it.

14/6/05 02:01  
Blogger Ivan spewed forth...

Congrats dude. We await your return with bated breath.

14/6/05 05:33  
Blogger Adrian spewed forth...

I await his return with some trepidation, I must admit. I'm too used to being the only guy who's thousands of feet tall around. It might get cramped.

14/6/05 07:07  
Blogger KwokSiong spewed forth...

Congratulations on your graduation!!!

14/6/05 07:39  
Blogger anon. spewed forth...

hey you went in the end, eh?
(: enjoy Terra Haute, heh. things are really hectic here - wish I was there! (; Next year lah! d;

14/6/05 07:49  
Blogger takchek spewed forth...

Congrats dude! See your writing soon! :)

14/6/05 10:20  
Blogger Jayaxe spewed forth...

Congrats, Mr. Big Fuck has become Mr. Brainy Big Fuck!

14/6/05 10:30  
Blogger Gabrielle spewed forth...

wah! graduate already!!! next pitstop ----> the real world. hahahaa

14/6/05 11:00  
Blogger R2D2 spewed forth...

Ah. And I face the police everyday. You will too. I hope you get used to it, because in my case, familiarity breeds contempt. Err....not really contempt. just tiredness.

14/6/05 12:51  
Blogger Unknown spewed forth...

it means that good friends dont let friends date boys/girls with hairstyles that should've been left with shoulderpads and hammer-pants (in the 80s). alternatively, it could mean: don't let them date fish, for they are slimy.

14/6/05 12:58  
Blogger Vivalacrap spewed forth...

Celebrating graduation? Why? Don't you have to get a job now or something? That sucks!

14/6/05 19:18  
Blogger The Screwy Skeptic spewed forth...

Whoa, another S'pore blogger in Chi town. Kudos on graduating - where from, might I ask? Oh screw it, I'll just look you up on facebook.

14/6/05 23:16  
Blogger J Schnorng spewed forth...

eve: aiyah, hot lah. some times that strand in front will have a mind of its own, but the rest is usually quite obedient. Besides, you think I agagooga is it? Siao.

shion: haha... still have to confirm my flight leh damn sian.

green ogre: The formal graduation photos are a little silly. Mainly because ... well, that's a long story. Whatever. I'm having a blast, though, it's cool.

jllt: you're not attending your graduation? considering mine was a week after my last final, i suppose it was fairly easy for me to make it in time.

hai~ren: don't build up your expectations. i'm quite crap, really.

AQ: nah, man. i think i'm soon to give up a life of being tall for a life of being short and diabolical.

kwoksiong: fanks.

jamin: yah lah. see lah you pokster. next time get your act together. it's not bad lah over here

takchek: what writing? blog writing? heh. see i free or not.

jayaxe: if a piece of paper makes you brainy, then i people working in kinkos would be damn clever. you know what i'm implying.

gabrielle: haha, actually, no. next pit stop, one year master's program in chicago. i'm not quite ready for the real world.

jess: OUCH. I have been stung. coming from you, that cuts double deep. i'll endeavour not to disappoint you, but man, some times there's only so much a man can do, especially in the middle of bumblefuck USA. right now i'm thankful for internet access. seriously.

sb: heh. only for the summer, then it's back to chicago and my swinging singleton pad. at this rate, though, i might wrangle a life abroad a little longer, if only to prolong my super happening lifestyle.

samuraibunny: perhaps you are right, but perhaps i failed to understand that phrase on a different level. nonetheless, your comment is, err, enlightening.

hilarebel: no job for me, thanks. i'm useless.

ss: heh...i'm invisible on the facebook, which is the coolness of it all. email me and we might work something out.

15/6/05 23:48  
Anonymous Anonymous spewed forth...

feel free to come on by and check the **big and tall**Blog/site

12/10/05 15:44  
Anonymous Anonymous spewed forth...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Early teen models maxwell sinclair models http://www.milf-videos-8.info/Msa-model-260.html Chevrolet colorado hood Bitch sex videos Value of a kingston model v-2a guitar http://www.milf-hunter-0.info/Digital_photography_model.html

23/2/07 07:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home